Sep 9, 2008

The pen is mightier than the sword. Sounds like a very righteous sentence…but maybe it isn't always that righteous.
Bribe, corruption, dishonesty…maybe these are not seen as bad things by everyone. Does that change how I see them? Do I feel foolish for holding on to certain ideals but also doing nothing to defend them? Am I questioning the efficacy of what I have always believed in? Yes…I am doing/feeling all of this. I'm wondering if I am a fool…or maybe just too naïve…someone who is no good at the worldly ways…someone who is too smart too be a simpleton, but too dumb to be street smart. Someone, who within her holds on to the dream of a free-of-malice-loving-pure-kind-just world, but deeper within, has this nagging doubt as to whether this belief is in fact disconnected from reality. What if it is? Is it such a bad thing to be delusional? Why does it upset me so much? And then again, why isn't it upsetting me enough!

3 comments:

Dhruv said...

Ah, I used to feel the same way! :-) See:

http://ulysses-voice.blogspot.com/2006_08_27_archive.html

Scribblers Inc said...

"in sooth I know not why I am so sad..."
opening lines of Shakespeare's Merchant Of Venice.

Moral: Shakespeare may have been a blogger too!! :)

Scribblers Inc.

creyzeee said...

@scrib ha ha :P
@dhruv i dnt think dat's wat i'm talking bout...or maybe i dont really get u :)