Sep 14, 2008

my people - 1

My people
There are quite a few of those. And I want to write about them. Jlt…!
Lets start with A…my oldest friend. We were inseparable as kids, A n me. Best friends since nursery…and best-friends-forever I’d always thought. But sometime between 7th and 8th std, A n I lost touch, and each other. Didn’t even realize it till a few years ago when I was in Pune and wondered how easily I had let go of such a spl person…but God bless orkut a million times. ‘coz that’s where I found A again! It has absolutely proved its worth, this orkut thing! That’s one of the reasons why, despite the constant comparisons with fb, wayn, shelfari, hi5 n wat not, I still looooove orkut... We still havn’t met, (inspite making a zillion plans!) n now coz A has moved to Pune! What a shame! But its ok, coz A is back…and we can talk bout stuff, bout times that only the two of us shared. A knows the kid-me! And its such fun reminiscing! Hail orkut!
Since A exited, B has been a constant in my life. The best-friend-for-life then…and is the same even today. (thank god for that!...no credit to orkut!) We’ve shared our ‘growing up’ days…in school at least. We were the typical gal-pals back in school. Had to tell each other every single thing that happened to us everyday! That amounted to loooooong phone convos…okay, make that endless phone convos!! :) There was a time when I just couldn’t think of anything minus B. she’s a very vibrant person, our B. And she has this midas touch sorta thing, she just livens up everything! The most boring incident sounds like an adventure when B is a part of it.hehe...But then we kinda grew up…we still share big-time, but it isn’t the same anymore…sometimes I miss the way it was…but then…anyway! its more of a ‘mature-bond’ now. We know we will always be there for each other, no matter what. Maybe it’s the different cities and different sets of friends that did us in (whatever that means, it just sounds right!)…or maybe the fact that we are essentially two very very different people…or maybe just the time. Whatever it is! I still feel majorly guilty everytime I have to say ‘no’ to her for anything. I feel terrible for not being able to speak as freely…feel like a pseudo at times…just want her to know it’s not that I care any less. Dunno how to explain. Let it be…moving on to the next one then!
Or maybe this should be it for now…more later!

3 comments:

Runjoo said...

i relate to this drifting away from people who used to be such an important aspect for your existence...you echoed my thoughts in many ways

bling said...

hey..opposites attract..always will..dats d principle behind magnets..d magnet does stop working..but a heavy load of iron is enough 2 make it work again..hope u understand..n sorry fr d physics lecture..:P

creyzeee said...

:)thanks...