Jul 16, 2010

People around me - my age and younger (!) - have been getting married at an almost alarming rate. It's like jo dekho shaadi kar raha hai! (thankfully talks about mine have been put off for at least another year).
Since so many of them are tying the knot, it's definitely more a norm than a deviation from it! Though I can't help wondering why. Is it because we have been conditioned to believe that it's something inevitable? 'Coz it's seen as a part of 'socially acceptable' living? ...'coz that's what people do?
I have nothing against marriage. In fact I fantasize quite a happy one for myself. But in my fairy-tale infested mind I'd like to believe that people should marry when they find someone they think they can spend the rest of their life with (...or at least a considerable part of it!). And it shouldn't be a conscious search. Like, if it happens, great. If it doesn't, no big deal. Your life shouldn't rest on it.
So yea, marry if you want to. (Personally the idea all but freaks me out!). But don't be deluded by outrageous arguments such as 'if not now, then never'. Who says so?! Who is limiting us? And why are we letting them? Why can't I find love at 30? Or 45? What renders me un-marriageable after 26?? Don't let the numbers get in the way! Even biological clocks can be managed ;)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love u adi for saying all this. u know i do. woman! i cudnt agree with u more. today...this 19th of July 2010...i accept thee as THE WISE ONE :)

creyzeee said...

awww....thnx :)
muah! u r my "wise one" forever :)

Runjoo said...

gyaan-ing! you might just dethrone devi deka if you go on like this ;) but then devi deka toh is devi deka ;)

on a more serious "blog"note...nice post...very 'you' :)

creyzeee said...

haha..thnx...though i've bin getting the "very u" comment in a lotta contexts! not sure if i shud take it as a compliment anymore ;)

bling said...

hmmm..not feeling dat off late sumhow..svet caught me off guard..but gess svet n jaz had valid reasons..gess when d sister goes all hell will break lose for me..:(

creyzeee said...

yea...n its not just abt these ppl getting married. its as much abt ppl expecting Me to start thinking abt it!