Dec 18, 2008

Current mood: happy
I started the data collection for my dissertation today (though calling it data collection sounds a li’l disrespectful towards the “sample”...another derogatory term!!)
So anyway...I’m sooooooo glad that I took up the topic I have taken up : ) I know nothing else could’ve given me this kinda satisfaction. Or maybe it could have...but I’m so happy that I have chosen a topic I feel for. I mean, when I started out...it was kinda half-hearted. I was not sure whether this was the best I could do. And till yesterday, I wasn’t sure if I had tried hard enough while selecting the research topic. Not anymore. My topic isn’t “happy” like I always wanted...I started out looking for something that would be fun to research. But you know...I’m not too sure yet...but I think trauma is my thing. Not that I get a kick outta hearing people’s traumatic stories...but it makes me feel good that I am there for people...for people who badly need to vent. I don’t have any illusions that I’m a saviour or messiah or an angel of good will ;) I know I am doing this for myself...and that’s what makes me happier.
And like I’d said before...reaching out to someone, forming a bond...that’s what I like best about my work. And now my research! : ) I know it’s not gonna be a bed-of-roses wala scenario...but I’m ready for the uncertainities...n I’m sure I am going to be a better person at the end of this project. Amen : )

2 comments:

Runjoo said...

awwww...i wish i loved my research half as much as you did...anyway im so happy you found your calling :)

vaise yeh sab toh theek hai...lekin ek baat batao; does your dissertation speak to you? ;)

creyzeee said...

nahi yaar!!! waiting for that 2 happen...but then, all in good time they say! hihi