Nov 21, 2008

I was recently told by someone at work that their first impression of me wasn't that great because, in their own words - "tum hasti bohot thi". That wasn't a very nice thing to hear!! I mean, kya matlab hai? That I smile too much or that I laugh too much?! Umm...actually I do both of these quite a lot. And it had never seemed like a problem. But now that I think of it, smiling is my preferred expression and I laugh as response to a lot of things. Gosh! I must come across as such a dumb person!! In a conversation, I hardly have anything intelligent/interesting to say, so I generally nod-n-smile-n-listen. That sounds infinitely stupid now! (I can picture myself now...like a circus clown...with a big red-n-white smile painted on my face...all happy-n-Bozo...ewwww!)
As a second thought, isn't smiling better than having a straight or grumpy face? And doesn't laughter act as an anti-ageing-something?! But I'd prefer 'wiser' to 'younger' anyday! I like to picture myself as an intelligent, laidback, composed kinda person...and such a comment, which is quite unlike how I try to portray myself, is highly detrimental to my self concept!!! Sheh! Kay karu? ;)

5 comments:

Runjoo said...

i loveeeeeee your smile...and i love you too :)
and you are NOT dumb...just too filmy, like yours truly :)

creyzeee said...

:) thnx
muahhhh!

Unknown said...

pagal...whoever told u dat crap.u r an AMAZING person.n i mean it. i like u best d way u r...n m sure there r millions out there who love ur smile 2. u make their day :)keep smiling.

seriously_frivolous said...

no idea how you smile or if you keep smiling all the time...but you are certainly not smiling in your profile pic...this seems more like bliss

creyzeee said...

it's more like tp-wid-the-cam-while-half asleep :)