Nov 28, 2008

Bombay

bombay...the city i love to hate...the city millions have embraced so lovingly as their own...the city where my roots partly lie (though i barely acknowledge it)...not mumbai, but Bombay...though honeslty, it makes no difference. call it anything.

what took place over the last three days was no short of terrifying. in that sense, those dastardly terrorists have suceeded in doing what they set out to achieve...they have spread terror. and how! when this started on wednesday night, it had seemed like one of the many terror attacks we have seen over the last few years. the kinds that evoke the reaction oh-how-sad-but-life-must-go-on. Honestly, I think a lot of us have become kinda desensitized towards such attacks. but what unfolded over the next fifty odd hours was nothing like Anything any of us had witnessed EVER. The news coverage seemed right out of an action movie.
Yea they terrorised us...but I hope it will make us stronger. And I really hope the divisive tactics don't work!!
It was terrible...Terrible! It's tough for all of us who saw it...but it's a million times worse for people who lost loved ones in the terror attack. Those people did not deserve such a fate...it's just so unfair!
Right now...too many thoughts are running amok within me...I'm just posting to say I care. My way of showing solidarity with the survivors and the victims and the heroes of this attack maybe...
God be with them... more later.

No comments: