Jul 31, 2008

my almost-accident

I banged into a car today! Completely my fault. Not much damage...but I was shit scared!! It seemed right outta one of my worst nightmares - I hit an HR registration wali gadi through no fault of the other driver! In my defense, I thought that he had alredy taken the turn. I was inching towards left, all the while vigilantly looking at my right (and Nowhere else!)...and BAM! (okay, maybe it was just bam!)
Anyway, for a few long seconds I was totally frozen in my seat, almost expecting him to come over and stab me (i've got too much Delhi in my head)! And the first part did happen..that is, he did get down from his car and came over...but the rest was Totally unexpected! I aplogized as soon as he was within earshot (I was not going to get outta my car)...and kept doing so for a while. He just put up his hand in a saintly way and said, "Naye naye chalana seekhe ho?". The first thought that came to my head was, 'shit! been driving for almost a year now and this is what I put across to people?? Or is he being mean just b'coz i'm a woman??' However, I could just croak a meek 'yes' and he merely nodded understandingly and was off! Yes!! that's real!!! I can't even start describing the relief I felt! Leave alone killing me, he didn't even scream at me! I was all light headed and woozy for a bit...When he drove away, I finally got down to check what I had done to my car...Mujhe toh ek scratch bhi nahi dikha :D
And the best part is, in this city of mine where people are beaten to death for smaller offences, I felt utterly blessed! This just goes on to show that there are still nice people out there...and a tiny percentage are lucky enough to bang into their cars :) God bless that HR wala Alto-man!
P.s. Later papa told me that the bumper (or mudguard or watever the black thing in the front is called), had come off a bit! but who cares! at least he didn't kill me ;)

4 comments:

bling said...

please..according 2 sum ppl..tum gurl ho..islie tumhe kuch nai ho sakta delhi meh..:P..apart frm dat..thoda bahut thokam thok is ok..lot of scray ppl on roads..our very own blueline drivers..

Amak said...

YOU ARE HILARIOUS!
GOSH, THAT WAS REALLY REALLY FUNNY!
glad to have u alive so u could write this piece that made me laugh!

creyzeee said...

@kama - really? :)

creyzeee said...

@bling hihihi