May 30, 2007

I Can Sense Smoke...


I can sense smoke
Lurking at the back of my mind
Hazy memories, faint reflections
Reminding me of what has been.
I have no means to hold on or to let go.
I try to reach out and grasp…
But all I catch are vague sounds and sights.
I try to forget everything
But the sounds and sights wouldn’t go
Colours without beauty
Voices without life
Just beyond my reach
Always there, but not for me.
I don’t know if the memories are pleasant
Thy neither haunt nor mesmerize
They just exist
Strong enough to draw my attention
But not enough to hold it.
Like a butterfly on a bright spring morning
They flit in and out of my consciousness
Leaving me perplexed one moment
Annoyed the next
I can feel smoke
And its hazier than ever before.

5 comments:

Amak said...

i love that one.

that's a real good one. simply put, tight sentences and ideas that say it all. good metaphor. me likes!

creyzeee said...

thank u :)

bling said...

i toh totallyy love dis poem..tis amazing..can relate 2 it too..ti slyk i kno wot ur talkin bt..bt m sure wen v talk bt it..both of us wud b thinkinn of diffrent things..

Sachin Garg said...

dont you think too much is hazy in your life.
kuchh saaf karo yar..

Sachin Garg said...

hmm..
i liked your blog.
some of the post even made sense!
looking forward to reading more now that you have a mini vacation.