Nov 27, 2015

Nostalgia

Probably nostalgia doesn't quite fit what I'm feeling today..but I don't have the right word...

I'm going to miss using the huge, heavy, slightly crazy laptop. I am going to miss lugging it up and down the stairs..juggling between call centre exec and counsellor roles. I will miss the monkey wallpaper in my counselling room. And meeting new people everyday, with new stories. I will miss seeing my old clients' progress. I will miss cribbing about the insanely unreal expectations of the job, and the weird zeal to do it all anyway. I will miss being alone in a building full of people. I will miss the super sweet guards and cleaning aunties. And I'll miss the bhaiyas who get me coffee everyday. I'll miss watching the clock at 3 and sitting up to the clink of mugs. I'll miss typing out the randomest of emails. I will miss posing to be an 'expert'! I'll miss the long discussions...the far fetched plans..the excitement at the slightest hint of funding! I will miss being the one who knows it all. I will miss this place!

No comments: