Oct 3, 2010

I'm amazed at the positivity flowing in from Delhi about the CWG opening ceremony! Suddenly, everyone is having a "I proud to be Indian" moment. A lot of the people raving about the 'success' were till a few days ago cribbing and cussing and complaining. A little song-dance-n-fanfare and all the glitches are forgotten n forgiven. Very interesting!
I saw the ceremony too. And it was nothing short of spectacular. I was specially enamored by the mehendi-hands bit. Sooooooo cool! :) But till I saw all these Fb status msgs, it was just that - a spectacular show. Now I'm wondering why I was so objective/detached about it! I'm usually the one to see the silver lining before the dark cloud... Dunno! Maybe just a result of too-much-on-my-mind!

2 comments:

Runjoo said...

i cannot believe YOU are so enthu less...must be the "saat samundar paar" effect for sure, coz the mood here is tremendously upbeat and enthu. All the negativity of the past few weeks has pretty much gone, and now everyone's focusing on supporting the games :)

creyzeee said...

umm...not enthu-less...but yea, not as psyched as i would normally be!
maybe its coz i left wen evrything was still a mess...